Toy Recalls

My baby is too young for toys like this, but I know that other parents in the group are probably smack in the middle of toys in this category. This to me is a scary recall because it’s different than the others. Not an issue of supply chain management like the lead recalls, but one of innovation and these chemicals are scary.

http://cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml08/08074.html

Replies to this Topic

Thought this was interesting…..

ABC)_ Parents call Aqua Dots a mess-free toy their children love. “It’s cool! Gee. It looks like fun.” Now parents are being told to take this Chinese-made product away from children immediately. The concern is over the 500 beads that come with each set. If swallowed, the coating on those beads may break down into a deadly chemical. “The most serious consequence of some serious poisoning like GHB poisoning is death because it could stop a child from breathing,” said Dr. Dana Best, Children’s National Medical Center. 4.2 million units, produced between April and November of this year, are being recalled.

The Chinese manufacturer may have substituted a glue that has the same effects as the so-called “date rape” drug, GHB. Even more potent in children, it can lead to seizures, vomiting and death. A young Australian girl and four others around the world were hospitalized. In the U.S., a 20-month-old slipped into a comatose state.

Aqua Dots were going to be a popular item in letters to Santa. No more.

Sot mother “I think the government should do something about it. It’s for our children,” one mother said. This is just the latest in a long, worrying list of U.S. actions to ban or recall Chinese-made products. Some in the industry say the U.S. Government has to do more to help them require more stringent safety checks. For more information, log onto http://www.aquadotsrecall.com/

You must be logged in and a member of this Groupsite in order to post a reply to this topic.
To post a reply, contact your group manager(s) Join this Groupsite

www.parentsunitedofsalem.org